Chinese Manufactured Accordion Model List

Discussions & info on specific accordions here.
Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Chinese Manufactured Accordion Model List

Post by Soulsaver » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:53 am

The following is a list of accordion models/makers thought to originate in China.
This is not an attempt to qualify the good or bad - just inform of the country of manufacture.
How you use the info. will be down to your own interpretation and research - and possibly the input from the members on the board.
The list has been gathered from previous posts by the members; often 'from memory' so there is room for error.

Corrections/enhancements/additions welcomed.

I'll edit it to include info from later following posts or from the discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1526&hilit=pearl+river" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

And a big THANKS to JimD who provided much of the info. Much appreciated JIm. :tup: :tup:

Aidi
Aliante
Aileen
Baidi
Baile (or sometimes listed as Balie, or Bailie)
Baronelli (Barronelli?)
Bellini viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584&start=100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Belmont
Black Diamond
Bonetti
Brandelli
Canarino
Cantibile (18/09/15)
Cavalier
Chanson
Cipelino/Cipalino
Cotati
Del Sol
D'Luca
Elane
Estrella (18/09/15)
Excalibur (most models)
Fenix/Michael/Veneza (not Venezia which is Italian)
Fever
Firotti (old models are east German but new models are likely Chinese using the now defunct brand name; see page 10)
First Act
Firston
Gallini Pic added page 11; 09/12/16
Gararda (M. Gararda - seen listed on eBay Australia Feb 2016)
Giovanni (There are older Italian Giovanni accordions. Chinese I have seen have the typical Parrot like, 70's Scandalli like, register switches).
Golden Cup
Golden Lion
Goldstar
Heimond
Hohner (German, but some models, recent and lower end, inc Nova & Bravo, are produced in China, Ed)
Honica / Hohnica - see post 07 Aug 15
Hsinghai
J.Meister
Jessy
Jinbao
Jixing
KGD
M. Gararda - seen listed on eBay Australia Feb 2016
Meister, J (J.Meister)
Michael/Fenix/Veneza (not Venezia which is Italian)
Mirage
Morelli /Mirelli
OEM
Padova
Paganini
Parrot
Pearl River
Peredie
Primo
Rizatti
Revel
Rossetti
Rossini
Scarlatti (some models, maybe all)
Serenelli (was a quality Castelfidardo maker from the '30s until 1963; recent branded product is likely Chinese - Page 11, post 01 June)
Sila (Pic posted Sat Feb 27, 2016)
Skyline
SofiaMari
Sonantti (see link added 16 Nov 2016, page 11)
Sonata
Songlin
Sonor
Soprani (see post 16Sept'15)
Startone
Starwave
Stella (not to be confused with Welmeister Stella which is German manufacture, see pic in thread, July 9 2014)
Stephanelli
Stewart
Studio viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584&start=100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sunrise
Talents
Tombo (think Japanese but believe mostly made in China), also seen as 'Tombo Soprano'.
Tslents
Veneza/Michael/Fenix (not Venezia which is Italian)
Yingjie
Yuewie
Last edited by Soulsaver on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 54 times in total.
Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b]

JIM D.
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: Chinese Manufactured Accordion Models

Post by JIM D. » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:33 am

The Chinese " Honica " and "Stella " can be added.
Owner & Operator "THE FISARMONICA SHOP" Chicopee, MA (USA)

lasvegascolonel
Expert
Expert

Post by lasvegascolonel » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:07 am

Yes, Jim D. made a good list. Some of these are Chinese brand accordions while others are European brands made in China. Good job, JIm.

goldtopia
Superstar
Superstar

Post by goldtopia » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:16 am

Theres a Chinese Stella and a German Weltmester Stella unrelated to each other. It is likely the Chinese hijacked the name Stella then because of that Weltmeister dropped the name Stella or renamed it, If I'm wrong I stand to be corrected.
Bill.O (Bournemouth)

kimric
Expert
Expert

Post by kimric » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:18 am

Sunrise ,is one for your list.

The Bonetti guy is a real piece of work, they have changed their name a couple of times. For a while they were going under the name Morishi which was a actual Italian company at one time. I believe they also were also the same people who went by "by Italian design" which was printed on their accordions.
I think they have been slapped with law suits at least a couple of times.
Smythe's Accordion Center, since 1997
Oakland ,California

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Soulsaver » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:24 pm

JIM D. wrote:The Chinese " Honica " and "Stella " can be added.
For clarity/accuracy Jim - Is there a Hohner Hohnica not made in China? Or Hohner Hohnicas are made in China? Or is there a Honica (note spelling differnece) made in China. Or all Hohnicas are made in China?
Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b]

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Soulsaver » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:38 pm

I know little about Italian manufacturers producing selected models in China, for instance - so if that is a factor, I'll need to be informed for it to be included.
And if we have the knowledge about which Hohners are made in China, I'd rather include it, than imply the whole of the Hohner catalogue.. I believe the Bravo 48 is, but the 120 may not be. Or is it the whole Bravo range? And I believe with less certainty that the late model Concerto and Student was/is?

b]

JIM D.
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JIM D. » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:27 pm

The Chinese Brand name "Honica" has no relation to Hohner -- just another ripoff miss-spelled name. They take Italian brand names such as Rosati and use it on their products miss-spelled as Rossetti. :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
Owner & Operator "THE FISARMONICA SHOP" Chicopee, MA (USA)

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Soulsaver » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:24 pm

Stella: Welmeister (left)& Chinese on right
stellas.jpg
Last edited by Soulsaver on Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

b]

lasvegascolonel
Expert
Expert

Post by lasvegascolonel » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:19 am

Soulsaver wrote:I know little about Italian manufacturers producing selected models in China, for instance - so if that is a factor, I'll need to be informed for it to be included.
And if we have the knowledge about which Hohners are made in China, I'd rather include it, than imply the whole of the Hohner catalogue.. I believe the Bravo 48 is, but the 120 may not be. Or is it the whole Bravo range? And I believe with less certainty that the late model Concerto and Student was/is?
Hohner's website mentions those made in Germany but doesn't specifically mention the Chinese-made Hohners. I can tell you that Hohner told me the Bravo and Amica lines are all made in China with German machines/supervisors. The Atlantic is the "entry level" Hohner for German-made accordions. I would think just because a Hohner is made in China would not make it a "Chinese" accordion anymore than an iPhone is a Chinese phone or a Toyota is an American car. Does place of manufacture dictate the "nationality" of the product? Of course, it is easier to generalize and lump them altogether. Accuracy may be less important than convenience, especially since there are so many Chinese-brand accordions.