How many do you own?

How many accordions (inc. melodeons, etc.) do you own?

None yet
3%
29%
18%
15%
12%
4%
Over 5
20%

Total votes : 151

Re: How many do you own?

Postby simonking » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:37 pm

I think it's similar to bicycles - as an enthusiast you need about 4 or 5 of those too. But I actually have only one accordion at the moment, despite what my wife seems to think... a Zero Sette model B22, second-hand. Ok, I also have two 'project' accordions, but they're constantly under restoration.

Still on the lookout for a good used free-bass and/or cassotto accordion.
simonking

Expert
Expert

Postby Adam-T » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:33 am

pentaprism wrote:SWMBO (pronouced "swim-bo"): She Who Must Be Obeyed.

"The term originates from the H. Rider Haggard novel, "She" (first published 1886). The character Ayesha, known as She-who-must-be-obeyed, the Queen of Death, the White Goddess,of the lost city of Kôr who rules her kingdom with terror, She is the very image of the Femme Fatale. To disobey her or to scorn her is to earn & receive instantaneous death."

Ahhhhhh, I thought it originated from Rumpole of the Bailey - which certainly popularised the saying

I think Anyanka wins the least number of playable accordions to wrecks ratio ..... I have only 2 wrecks , a tidy but needs tuning badly Hohner Mignon which was counted and a Hohner 2915 Soloist PA which is a basket case I got for £6 I`m trying to revive slowly , the keyboard causing the most hassle
Adam-T

Star
Star

Postby Anyanka » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:41 am

Adam-T wrote:I think Anyanka wins the least number of playable accordions to wrecks ratio .....

:lol: That ratio is going to get even more insane once I sell my various piano accordions... all the unplayable boxes are His.
Anyanka

Superstar
Superstar

Postby Soulsaver » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:17 pm

12, but I have a plan involving the sale of most of 'em. Models etc to follow, soon.
Now the wife claims it's me that's immature - says we have to take time to sit down and and have serious discussion on the issue!
Jeez, how could I get the time right in the middle of the conker season?
Soulsaver

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby Don Roberts » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 am

I think I have lost count of the quantity of accordions that I own but I do have what I consider to be some classics

Pancordion Panjet 45 LMMH
Titano Cosmopolition LMMH
Giulietti F94 LMMH
Modern (Borsini) LMMH
Bell (Scandalli) LMMH
and others :b
C#/D CBA PA GHB SSP other stuff.
Don Roberts

Improver
Improver

Postby Soulsaver » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:05 pm

Don Roberts wrote:I think I have lost count of the quantity of accordions that I own but I do have what I consider to be some classics

Pancordion Panjet 45 LMMH
Titano Cosmopolition LMMH
Giulietti F94 LMMH
Modern (Borsini) LMMH
Bell (Scandalli) LMMH
and others :b

V Nice :mrgreen:
Now the wife claims it's me that's immature - says we have to take time to sit down and and have serious discussion on the issue!
Jeez, how could I get the time right in the middle of the conker season?
Soulsaver

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby saabanders » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:27 am

50+ Mostly Swedish button accordion. Hagström, Joles, Accordia. And Norwegian, Henschien. And Finish Neco. But also some Italian, Borsini, Bugari, Exelsior. And a little Hohner Erica. Neco Superior and Hagström SuperCromatic is the favorite just now. And the Borsini is a wonderful instrument. But to heavy.

Anders, Norway
saabanders

Beginner
Beginner

Postby Knobby » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:45 am

saabanders wrote:50+

Welcome Anders - you must have a big house!!
Hohner Vox 4P, Hohner Tango II, Galotta Continent. I just wish I could play them!
Knobby

Admin
Admin

Postby Glenn » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:09 am

Knobby wrote:
saabanders wrote:50+

Welcome Anders - you must have a big house!!

More like a shop?
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Marinucci (4+4) (LMMM) 2/4 PA; - sold 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA
Glenn

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby saabanders » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:48 am

:D . Yes, big house. And now I rule alone all over the house. I try to sell some of them, but the market for accordion is not the best. It is far easier to bye then to sell. Most of the Swedish built accordion is something I collect. Many of them is very good, and I use the.I also bye accordion that need some repairs,and have fun getting them play like new. The most common thing is old and hard wax. And valve-lether that is not good. Very often this is because it have been stored for many years laying on its back. Accordion is born whit feet, an should stand on them.

Anders
saabanders

Beginner
Beginner

PreviousNext

Return to Accordion Chat