The Forum Is Changing
Hi folks. Shortly this forum will be migrating to different software and, in addition, we will also have a new website address. To migrate all the posts, users, etc. will take a little time so there will be some downtime on the forum while this is done. I am trying to do this sooner rather than later so it may not be possible to give you prior notice of the downtime.
Once migrated to our new address, visitors to www.accordionists.co.uk will be automatically redirected to the new website address.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused, but the change to the software has now become really necessary.

FS Bugari Armando Championcass Bass 120 NOW £2,250

Looking for a new home for your accordion?
Del_Preston
Beginner
Beginner

FS Bugari Armando Championcass Bass 120 NOW £2,250

Post by Del_Preston » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:01 am

Hi all,

New to the forum and forgive me but the honest reason for signing up is to find a good home for my late father-in-law's accordion; where better to come than The Accordionist's Forum?!

I've had some information from Emilio at Allodi Accordions as to the model, nut feel free to correct me on anything.

It's a Bugari Armando Double Cassotto 120 bass ChampionCassotto. It has 4 sets of reeds with musette tuning.

It has had very light use as he was a member of a Morris team and usually played a Melodion. It was bought new and has always lived in it's case, indoors, in a smoke-free home. It has only sat unplayed for 1 year. Everything appears to be perfectly functional and there are no signs of wear to the bellows.

Located in Norwich.

I'll now attempt to attach some pictures!

Many thanks,
Pete.
Attachments
Bugari 07.jpg
Bugari 05.jpg
Bugari 04.jpg
Bugari 03.jpg
Bugari 02.jpg
Last edited by Del_Preston on Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

debra

Re: FS Bugari Armando Championcass Bass 120 £5,500

Post by debra » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:47 pm

You have a really nice instrument there, but...
- It is LMMM and you would more easily find a buyer if it were LMMH.
- The champion cassotto sits below the artist cassotto in Bugari's range and the artist cassotto is more sought after.
Whether 5.500 pounds is reasonable depends on how low the pound will still go in anticipation of Brexit. In terms of euro I would value such a used instrument between 3.500 and 4.500, depending on age. But I'm not an expert... JimD can give a more realistic estimate.
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)
http://www.de-bra.nl

JIM D.
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JIM D. » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:22 pm

I have to agree with Paul's assessment that a LMMM will fetch less than a LMMH as the same assessment is true here in the US.
The reasoning is that an accordionist wishing to play the box dry has only 3 options L, LM. & M.
I would list this one for $4995.00 and not accept less than $4500.00 USD.
Owner & Operator "THE FISARMONICA SHOP" Chicopee, MA USA

oldchemist
Novice
Novice

Post by oldchemist » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:19 pm

Scottish players would be keen on LMMM, especially with a wet tuning (strong vibrato)

Stephen Hawkins
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Stephen Hawkins » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:05 pm

Hi Pete,

Lovely instrument, but don't store it near that radiator. (or any other heat source)

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

maugein96
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by maugein96 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:09 am

Hi,

Private sale of such an accordion offers the buyer no guarantee or warranty of any kind, and most accordions of that age will require a certain amount of work to bring them up to scratch, regardless of how well they have been looked after.

A friend of mine in the UK is selling a top of the range double cassotto Borsini LMMH chromatic (button) accordion for £1650, which has been totally refurbished and retuned by him, and I can vouch for his work. In the UK Chromatic Button Accordions usually, but not always, command a slightly higher price than the piano keyboard equivalents.

I therefore would doubt very much whether your asking price of £5500 would attract many buyers, but it's a strange old world as they say.

I wish you well with the sale, but at that asking price it may take a very long time to move it on.

debra

Post by debra » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:59 am

maugein96 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:09 am
A friend of mine in the UK is selling a top of the range double cassotto Borsini LMMH chromatic (button) accordion for £1650, which has been totally refurbished and retuned by him, and I can vouch for his work. In the UK Chromatic Button Accordions usually, but not always, command a slightly higher price than the piano keyboard equivalents.
That sounds like a very good deal indeed. Is there an ad about this anywhere?

maugein96
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by maugein96 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:41 pm

debra wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:59 am

That sounds like a very good deal indeed. Is there an ad about this anywhere?
Hi Paul,

He has it advertised on UK Gumtree.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/accordians/bo ... 1321082331

He doesn't ship outside of the UK, and it is a flat keyboard version, which probably factors in with the asking price. I had an eye on it myself, but bought a Cavagnolo from him earlier in the year, so I couldn't justify buying it, even at that very keen price. I haven't actually heard the box being played, as he usually uses a Bugari or a Cavagnolo when I take lessons from him.

He did a superb refurb/retune on my Maugein earlier in the year.

debra

Post by debra » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:48 pm

maugein96 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:41 pm
He doesn't ship outside of the UK, and it is a flat keyboard version, which probably factors in with the asking price. ...
Yep, a flat keyboard makes it harder to sell, except when you're in Switzerland I guess.
Doesn't bother me (I have a flat C-griff Morino) but having only 46 notes would bother me a lot more. It's amazing how fast you get used to having more notes (three of my accordions have 52, 56 and 64 notes).

Jibberin
Novice
Novice

Post by Jibberin » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi
Accordion Lounge have a new double octave tuned champion cassotto at £5995.
Allodi has a second hand Morino 5 Gold at £3450.
John Douglas Accordions has a Domino Coupler Morino 4 double octave at £2500.
A Morino 4s double octave sold last week on eBay for £1500.
These prices seem modest to me for quality accordions.
Good luck in your quest to sell the accordion.

Del_Preston
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Del_Preston » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:50 pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply everyone! It really is appreciated and I'm learning things about accordions I never knew...

It's clear that the initial valuation we had was way over second hand value; in fact, pretty much the retail price of a new one! I wonder if something got lost in translation between the chap that valued them and my mother! Anyway, those estimates are really helpful.

So, based on those, I've dropped the advertised price here to £3,500 (based on the USD and EUR estimates above, many thanks) and would be glad to hear any offers should anyone be inclined.

Thanks all.

Del_Preston
Beginner
Beginner

Re: FS Bugari Armando Championcass Bass 120 NOW £3,500

Post by Del_Preston » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:40 pm

I've had some more information on this from Allodi and as such have updated the description and lowered the price.