Pigini LMM button Convertor (3 voice 37-note) for sale

Looking for a new home for your accordion?
DTysen
Beginner
Beginner

Pigini LMM button Convertor (3 voice 37-note) for sale

Post by DTysen » Sun May 27, 2018 11:33 am

Hi folks!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113014076081

I've been a squeezebox player of some kind or other for ten years or so, but in recent years I've been playing the duet concertina almost exclusively, so I'm selling my good accordion to get a better concertina. Details in the listing. I'm based in Edinburgh; feel free to get in touch about trying it out. :)

I'm looking to sell it fairly promptly, as I have a good offer for a concertina on sale. If for some reason there's no bids, It would be available for sale directly.

Geoff de Limousin
Star
Star

Re: Pigini LMM button Convertor (3 voice 37-note) for sale

Post by Geoff de Limousin » Tue May 29, 2018 6:43 am

Hello,

I would like to know what the 'Diapason' is, well... err the pitch of the tuning please?

So, in other words, is the accordion in A= 440hz or 442hz or something else ?

Also, how wet is the tremolo tuning please ?

Just out of interest what type of Duet concertina do you play ?

Geronimo
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Geronimo » Tue May 29, 2018 9:22 am

DTysen wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 11:33 am
Hi folks!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113014076081

I've been a squeezebox player of some kind or other for ten years or so, but in recent years I've been playing the duet concertina almost exclusively, so I'm selling my good accordion to get a better concertina. Details in the listing. I'm based in Edinburgh; feel free to get in touch about trying it out. :)

I'm looking to sell it fairly promptly, as I have a good offer for a concertina on sale. If for some reason there's no bids, It would be available for sale directly.
This does not look like a 37-note instrument. The 37-note 37/B3 on the Pigini page actually has 37 buttons in the first three rows. Unless your instrument has dead buttons, it is a 43-note model (44 notes if the lowest-sounding button in the fourth row isn't dead). Maybe the corresponding piano model is 37 notes? Or does yours have dead keys?

Looks like a nice instrument at very reasonable starting price. Makes me wish I'd not be as broke as I am.

Sebastian Bravo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Sebastian Bravo » Tue May 29, 2018 9:30 am

Geronimo wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:22 am
Looks like a nice instrument at very reasonable starting price. Makes me wish I'd not be as broke as I am.
I wish the same!
I'm Sebastian and i Play on a Hohner Concerto III called Modesto.

DTysen
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DTysen » Tue May 29, 2018 4:32 pm

Geoff: it seems to be 443hz, but I'm using a tuner on my phone and I'm not certain how accurate it is. By the same technique the tremolo comes out at around 23 cents. Played against 440 instruments it does tend to sound quite bold, but not recognisably 'out of tune'.

And I play Hayden! So I'm (hopefully) getting a Peacock. Duets have the same musical versatility that a convertor does, but much more portable and comfortable. Also I like the tone much more. I'm going to miss the rumbling deep notes, and the bandoneon register (I love the bandoneon register), but it's worth it.

@Geronimo: Yes, it has several dummy buttons on the right hand side, I guess to make it look symmetrical? The top and bottom working notes are both G-natural.

DTysen
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DTysen » Tue May 29, 2018 4:40 pm

(Actually, if I really want the bandoneon register on a concertina I can be a smartass and play the same thing on both hands.)

Geoff de Limousin
Star
Star

Post by Geoff de Limousin » Tue May 29, 2018 6:11 pm

Thanks for the measurements DTysen... hmmm that is a bit sharp for me, especially if the tremolo is 23 cents sharp of the Flute voice.

I've played the Hayden Duet myself but decided to concentrate on CBA because I could not find a Hayden that was worth investing more time to study. I played the McCann Duet before the Hayden and I am used to Wheatstone quality which I just did not find in any of the current Hayden makers work. I also love the Bandoneon register and played the Hayden in octaves sometimes. What I will say is that by the time there is sufficient keyboard range on a Duet Concertina the instrument is getting quite large and a lot of work for the player's wrists. I find the accordeon more comfortable although I do understand the fascination with the Hayden layout.
I don't have a convertor CBA, yet.

Best of luck with your concertina exploits!!
Geoff.