Greetings from Italy.

Give us a clue - who, and where, are you?
Hyacinthedera
Novice
Novice

Re: Greetings from Italy.

Post by Hyacinthedera » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:00 pm

Thank you for the advices, now I have clearest ideas about the best type of accordion for me. I can't buy it immediately for economic reasons, but only in the next months, so I have the time for think and selectionate it.
I agree that it could be the best size for me. So I will search a 72/34, at a low price. Probably I will buy an used accordion, not new, always for price reasons.
Arianna.

Happy girl
Expert
Expert

Post by Happy girl » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:36 pm

I wonder, Arianna, as are mainly interested in playing classical music, if a 72 bass will be enough? I am not sure, but something tells me that you may need more range to your instrument for the type of genre you want to play.

I would be interested in hearing from our more experienced players on this subject if only to clarify this for myself; I needed to change very quickly from 72 to a 120 bass just to study the Palmer Hughes books, so it seems to me that classical music may need an accordion with more scope?

If you do need a 120 bass for your needs Arianna, please don't despair; lighter ladies models are available with smaller keys.

Good luck with your new venture, you will not be the only one learning alone, there are a lot of us about.

Fortunately we have 'The Forum.'

Stephen Hawkins
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Stephen Hawkins » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:53 pm

Dear Arianna,

I feel confident that you will select an instrument which fits your stature and musical needs. It is always best if you are able to try an instrument before you buy it, and that would be my advice to you.

The 72/34 is a much easier instrument to learn on than a 120/41, and should have sufficient range for most of the tunes you want to play. If, at some time in the future, you begin to find tunes which are beyond its range, you may then wish to trade up to a 96 or 120 Bass instrument.

Whatever you decide to buy, it is going to take a couple of years to become fully competent and at ease with it. (perhaps even longer.) You will know yourself when the time is right to step up to a bigger instrument, by which time you may have saved enough money to buy one.

Best Wishes & Kindest Regards,

Stephen.

donn
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by donn » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:37 pm

This "accordionists" forum includes some people who really play classical music, and I'm sure would be happy to entertain this question about a good initial choice of accordion - when they see that it has been asked. So I suggest that, at your convenience, you post that question in the "Accordion Chat" subforum, with an appropriate thread subject title, and I'm sure you'll get some useful responses right away.

In case you don't know, Italy has its own Fisarmonica Forum, and I'm pleased to see it's still active and while perhaps not the equal of our "accordionists" forum, there are good people there and the cordial atmosphere you would expect from an Italian community.