Tune of October: Autumn Leaves. Of course.

Every month a new tune to try!
Anyanka

Tune of October: Autumn Leaves. Of course.

Post by Anyanka » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:56 am

By popular demand, tune of October is the highly appropriate 'Autumn Leaves'. Ben (aka fjsys) has already recorded this (see this thread).

However... could one of you who knows the tune please link to some sheet music?

Glenn

Re: Tune of October: Autumn Leaves. Of course.

Post by Glenn » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:16 pm

1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA

jarvo
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by jarvo » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:19 pm

Do what ? nahh------might take a bye on this one ......those chord combos are too advanced for me ........looks like you may have shut me up for a bit :oops: :lol:

Jarvo

Glenn

Post by Glenn » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:43 pm

Don't give up yet Jarvo.
The tune is so nice that it can be played straight with the right hand, especially with your Roland.
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;

simonking
Star
Star

Post by simonking » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:24 pm

Good tuuune.

The "New Real Book", a reliable source of Jazz standards, has it in G minor, but I think I've also heard many versions in E minor (the second link). The key of the music in the first link has been transposed up for Bb saxes, so I wouldn't use that one if you want to play it in one of the standard keys...

BobM
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BobM » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:16 am

Gmin is pretty much the standard key for the bands I play in, (not on accordion). I’ve been been practicing in that key just in case sometime in the future...
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know..

dunlustin
Superstar
Superstar

Post by dunlustin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:49 am

Don't know if anyone else has noticed but in the zisman doc there is some stuff on chording that I found very useful on the pages after the dots - for me worth having as a reference

Glenn

Post by Glenn » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:26 pm

dunlustin wrote:Don't know if anyone else has noticed but in the zisman doc there is some stuff on chording that I found very useful on the pages after the dots - for me worth having as a reference
Exactly why I like this one. I intend to try it a bit jazzed up with these chords.
Also found them useful with the Infirmary Blues (still need to record that one)

jarvo
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by jarvo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:51 am

Glenn wrote:
dunlustin wrote:Don't know if anyone else has noticed but in the zisman doc there is some stuff on chording that I found very useful on the pages after the dots - for me worth having as a reference
Exactly why I like this one. I intend to try it a bit jazzed up with these chords.
Also found them useful with the Infirmary Blues (still need to record that one)

Blues and Jazz Chords ------------hmmm, not always a good mix ---- well not from the purists perspective ----but St James does straddle the genres so should be a good listen.

Have tried some of these ...shall we say ...exotic chords ....I knew about Am7 - CM and A. I am using E (counterbass row) as the bass note ...sounds OK...but G maj 7 and C Maj 7 .....GM and DM , CM and GM together, wow they sound sweet as a nut.....good PDF Glenn, cheers.

Jarvo

Glenn

Post by Glenn » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:36 am

Jarvo,
Try the minors together as a substitute for the major chords. Also sounds really cool.
The A+Cmin is not that difficult either for making Am7.
Of course, if you want other m7 chords just slide that pattern up or down the bass buttons.
I intend to demo it in my recording of the infirmary blues this weekend.

jarvo
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by jarvo » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:23 am

This is A Work in a Lot of Slow Progress, but in the spirit of ToTM....just to see if I 'm getting anywhere near the "funny" chords :oops: ....and how the hell do you bass /chord them ? In fact I chorded then played a bass note instead on the m7s and just chorded the G and C maj7...it's not tuneful yet ....will it ever be ...as Scooby says "Wuhr ,I dunno" :lol:

https://soundcloud.com/jarvoid/autumn-leaf-blower" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;