Need help appraising a Silvio Marotta

Discussions & info on specific accordions here.
MicheleinVermont
Beginner
Beginner

Need help appraising a Silvio Marotta

Post by MicheleinVermont » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:07 pm

Hello!
I am so happy to have found this site! I have been searching for a similar accordian online and have found one photo that looks similar, but with no information. I have a friend who wants to purchase it from and wants to pay a fair price for it.
It is fully reconditioned, with new straps and sounds amazing! Also has original snakeskin case in good condition.
41 keys, 2 switches, 120 bass keys
Any information on year made, type/model, value and even what color you would call it (off white with beige/greenish? tint) would be so greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much!
Michele
Attachments
IMG_7188.JPG
IMG_7190.JPG
IMG_7191.JPG
IMG_7192.JPG
IMG_7193.JPG

lightninboy
Expert
Expert

Re: Need help appraising a Silvio Marotta

Post by lightninboy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:49 pm

It looks kind of plain and no-frills, but if it's reconditioned and everything works good, I suppose it might be worth at least $60 to $100, just talkin'. I've got a thread with old accordion values. Reconditioning by a serviceman ought to be worth something, as servicemen are hard to find in most places. Strap condition is another thing to consider.

landro
Expert
Expert

Re: Need help appraising a Silvio Marotta

Post by landro » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:28 pm

It`s from the 40`s (squared off treble keys). And obviously a 2 -3 reed model .
Most accordions look rather good on the outside and especially when shown in a picture . It`s good looks can be deceiving and much less important than what the inside looks like.
Regarding any reconditioning that may or may not have been done , it`s all about the condition of the reed wax and leather valves, not to mention tuning issues, possible reed rust, gaskets and air leaks , treble key and bass clacking noises . The straps look good.
That all said I think your $60-$100 asking price is fair if it plays .