I have this accordian i want to know more about

Discussions & info on specific accordions here.
Hashnitor
Beginner
Beginner

I have this accordian i want to know more about

Post by Hashnitor » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:51 am

Hey there

Ive got this Borsini accordian i would like to know more about. My mother bought it used many years ago and we dont know what spesific model it is so i figured id ask on this forum if any of you more experienced folk would know something about it.

https://imgur.com/a/oO46Ji0 Link to an image of the accordion

I dont have the spesific model number for it, the number has been rubbed off from use over the years. I dont know enough about it myself to really discern its model though i do know that it' was made in Italy.

Thanks
Some random Norwegian guy

maugein96
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: I have this accordian i want to know more about

Post by maugein96 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:23 pm

Hei,

It's a "Norvegia" special (i.e. made by Borsini in Italy especially for the Norwegian market.).

It looks like you'd need to get in touch with a Norwegian dealer to be able to ascertain the actual model. It is a B system chromatic accordion (the most popular type in Norway) and looks as though it has a 3 voice treble, by the number of couplers (switches) next to the big buttons on the right hand side.

Don't really know what it would be worth in Norway. It looks great externally, but a lot of accordions which have seen little or no use for years often require a complete overhaul internally, and the cost of that can easily exceed the accordion's value.

Don't know where in Norway you are, but this is the only Borsini dealer I can find. He is called Kjell Harald Langhaug, and he is based in Gjerdrum, fairly near the Swedish border. He would probably be your best bet in identifying the accordion.

Lykke til med det!

http://www.langhaug.no/

I have relatives in Mo i Rana in Nordland, but they aren't into trekkspill at all.

Hashnitor
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Hashnitor » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:49 pm

Thank you for the response

Interesting information. I believe it needs a round of service on the reeds on the inside as some of the large buttons on the top and bottom dont prduce a note, though as far as i can tell that is the only thing wrong. Other than a few buttons the accordion sounds good, the switches that modify the tone all work and the bellows seem solid. The side with the treble also works well.
I live pretty far away from the dealer but thanks for pointing him out to me, ill see what i can do to get it serviced.

Takk for informasjon.

maugein96
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by maugein96 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:19 pm

Hallo igjen,

If it is just the large buttons at the very end of the rows then don't worry about them, as this can be normal for that type of accordion. Some accordions are fitted with "dummy knapper" just to make the accordion look symmetrical. The buttons move up and down like the other "live" ones, but they serve no actual function at all.

Best get it checked over, and the most likely issues will be with the reeds out of tune, and the leather and/or plastic valves maybe needing replaced.

In the UK a full service and complete retune would cost about 6000 NOK. It may work out more expensive than that in Norway due to higher labour costs, but if you can find a repairer they shoud be able to advise you.

Borsini is a good make, and you may be able to sell it as it is. However a repairer will be able to tell you exactly how much work, if any, needs done.

Here is a link to a site that will give you some idea of the value of used accordions in Norway. Please bear in mind that those advertised for sale will be in playable condition with no work required on the reeds etc.

Hvorfor ikke lære å spille trekkspillet?

http://www.trekkspill.no/

Hashnitor
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Hashnitor » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:28 am

Hei igjen,

Thanks for telling me more, i'm sorely ignorant on these things. I'm not planning on selling it since it's an interesting intrument and it has a certain logic to it that appeals to me. It also means too much to my mom and a grandfather of mine to sell it off to someone else.

Har lekt meg litt med det allerede

Takker igjen

maugein96
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by maugein96 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:47 am

Hei,

Norsk trekkspill er ikke nødvendigvis begrenset til folkemusikk. Spillere som Toralf Tollefsen spilte all slags musikk, selv om han brukte et svensk systemkarakteristikk.

Beklager, men min norsk er ikke bra i disse dager.

Sorry. Appreciate this is an English speaking forum. For the benefit of other members I have suggested to the OP that he may consider learning the accordion himself. I pointed out the merits of the Norwegian player Toralf Tollefsen, who played all styles of music, but on a "Swedish" C system CBA rather than a Norwegian B system.

The OP tells me he has been reading up on the matter and has no intention to sell the instrument for sentimental reasons.