The 2nd Southern England Chromatic Button Accordion Rally
Sunday 8 April 2018
For more details Click Here

What's with all the hats?

Talk about anything accordion related here

Re: What's with all the hats?

Post by jozz » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:12 pm

hat, cap and same sunglasses over and over again. Never change a winning combination 8-) 8-)

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by donn » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:08 pm

Anyanka wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:21 am
Here's husband and I, hatted and otherwise attired on May Day a couple of years ago.
My only accordion performance venue calls for a similar attire, so my accordion playing hat is a "top" hat, i.e. similar to your husband's. A little better than "costume" quality, but made of wool felt, not fur felt as the real article would be. I had another occasion to use it recently, when some of my neighbors formed an ad hoc ensemble to serenade a city government presentation with the opening bars of Chopin's Marche Funèbre, and the top hat seemed appropriate for the gravity of that music.

On other instruments I'm also more likely than not to be covered, but with a hat I'd also wear when not performing. My most eccentric apparel though is the western boots that I've taken to wearing with just about every kit. They're black, shiny and thus serve as "dress up", but they're better footwear than typical dress shoes, and I can wear whatever socks I like.

Post by Tom » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:34 pm

Ha ha ha! Great! Many of us accordionists in the US are, like me, wannabe Italians, and I know, for a fact, that wearing a "coppola" makes me play better!