etc. then you could
play thing like teen spirit
with guitar on accordion.

wirralaccordion
Expert
Expert

Re: gutiar sounds

Post by wirralaccordion » Fri May 04, 2018 7:55 pm

I bought a Roland Cube Street battery amp recently and I am told that as it's really for use with guitars that you can use guitar sound effects with it but I haven't got that far yet.

maugein96
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by maugein96 » Fri May 04, 2018 9:43 pm

Go to 19:17 on this You Tube video and you'll hear Samuel Garcia playing about the closest thing you'll get to a guitar. Maybe in time they'll get it a bit nearer, if they haven't done so already. The video is a few years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m4FImiEouc

Rhelsing
Improver
Improver

Post by Rhelsing » Fri May 04, 2018 9:59 pm

The concerto accordion has the following guitar voices in it’s library - all are very realistic”
60’s guitar
Clean guitar 1
Clean Guitar 2
Country Guitar
Distortion Guitar
Double Jazz Guitar 1
Double Jazz Guitar 2
Electric guitar
Feed Back guitar
Guitar Cut noise
Guitar Feeb back
Guitar Fret Noise
Guitar harmonics
Hawaiian guitar 1
Hawaiian guitar 2
Jazz Guitar
Jazz Guitar and Vibes
Nylon Guitar 1
Nylon Guitar 2
Muted Guitar
Nylon Guitar and Strings
Overdrive Guitar
Steel Guitar
Since you can play up to three on the keyboard side and three on the bass side - you can make it as realistic as you want (or just blend the guitar in with any of 400 other instruments.

jozz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by jozz » Mon May 07, 2018 8:17 am

Feed Back Guitar

AND

Guitar Feed Back

play a full song with synth accordion on one of these setting should be interesting :mrgreen:

Geronimo
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Geronimo » Mon May 07, 2018 8:33 am

jozz wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:17 am
Feed Back Guitar

AND

Guitar Feed Back

play a full song with synth accordion on one of these setting should be interesting :mrgreen:
One thing worth noting for guitar patches on an accordion controller is that there is a world of difference between adding several notes on an electric guitar and rooting the result through distortion, and adding several notes individually rooted through distortion. The latter is much much harmonically clearer due to the lack of intermodulation distortion.

So while playing on an actual heavily distorted guitar you'd usually tamper down your rhythm play to power chords, doing the same with keyboard-controlled "distorted guitar" patches is keeping below the potential.

To assimilate the two, you'd either need to use clean electric guitar patches on the keyboard and put in an external distortion device on the result, or you'd need one of those fancy guitars having a separate pickup for each string ("hexaphonic") and put a separate distortion device on each string individually.

I actually like not having those intermodular distortions. But it's probably not heavy metal.

Morne
Star
Star

Post by Morne » Mon May 07, 2018 2:08 pm

You could do this for a bit of novelty value:
https://youtu.be/Kw9uMjauMiI?t=1m24s

Personally, at some point I'd rather want to see an actual guitarist.

Rhelsing
Improver
Improver

Post by Rhelsing » Mon May 07, 2018 3:02 pm

Geronimo wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:33 am
jozz wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:17 am
Feed Back Guitar

AND

Guitar Feed Back

One thing worth noting for guitar patches on an accordion controller is that there is a world of difference between adding several notes on an electric guitar and rooting the result through distortion, and adding several notes individually rooted through distortion. The latter is much much harmonically clearer due to the lack of intermodulation distortion.

So while playing on an actual heavily distorted guitar you'd usually tamper down your rhythm play to power chords, doing the same with keyboard-controlled "distorted guitar" patches is keeping below the potential.

To assimilate the two, you'd either need to use clean electric guitar patches on the keyboard and put in an external distortion device on the result, or you'd need one of those fancy guitars having a separate pickup for each string ("hexaphonic") and put a separate distortion device on each string individually.

I actually like not having those intermodular distortions. But it's probably not heavy metal.
Not true on the concerto. On the concerto each voice you bring over (you can have three on the treble and three on the bass) you set relative to each other. You set each voice in the group with relative volume, velocity, reverb, octice, and pan (how far left and right) - really pure sounds. Basically, each channel is individually controlled and then saved in memory. you can have over 400 of these registers on board. No distortion or feedback at all. I think Peter haps on the Roland and other less expensive accordions - you may well be correct because i see folks selling settings to load and upload. The Concerto does not work that way at all.

Geronimo
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Geronimo » Mon May 07, 2018 4:23 pm

Rhelsing wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:02 pm
Geronimo wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:33 am
[...]
Not true on the concerto. On the concerto each voice you bring over (you can have three on the treble and three on the bass) you set relative to each other. You set each voice in the group with relative volume, velocity, reverb, octice, and pan (how far left and right) - really pure sounds. Basically, each channel is individually controlled and then saved in memory. you can have over 400 of these registers on board. No distortion or feedback at all.
[...]
Your reply does not fit what I have set out to say at all, so apparently I was completely unable to articulate properly what I was talking about. I don't have much of an idea how to do it better, though.

Rhelsing
Improver
Improver

Post by Rhelsing » Mon May 07, 2018 4:36 pm

Maybe I did not understand. I thought you were discussing the distortion that you would get using an accordion controller and i was just trying to say you get no such distortion with any of the voices on a Concerto Accordion (guitar voices or otherwise).

Geronimo
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Geronimo » Mon May 07, 2018 4:45 pm

Rhelsing wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 4:36 pm
Maybe I did not understand. I thought you were discussing the distortion that you would get using an accordion controller and i was just trying to say you get no such distortion with any of the voices on a Concerto Accordion (guitar voices or otherwise).
So you say that selecting "distorted guitar" voices gives you clean guitar voices instead? That would be curious, to say the least.

Rhelsing
Improver
Improver

Post by Rhelsing » Mon May 07, 2018 4:50 pm

No, none of the concerto voices are distorted. I guess I was confused. Sorry.

Rhelsing
Improver
Improver

Post by Rhelsing » Mon May 07, 2018 4:51 pm

No, none of the concerto voices are distorted. I guess I was confused. Sorry.

JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JerryPH » Sun May 20, 2018 1:57 am

The Roland FR-8X is not without it's share of guitar sounds as well:
Acoustic Guitar
Nylon Guitar
Steel Guitar1
Steel Guitar2
Nylon-str.Gt
Cimbalon
Nylon&Steel
Ac.Guitar
Banjo
Mandolin
Clean Solid
Warm Drive
JC Chrus Gt
Jazz Guitar
JGuitar Scat
PedalSteel
Overdrive
Distort Gt.
Power Gt.
Acoustic Bs1
Fingered Bs1
Fretless Bs1
Picked Bs1
5String Bs
Nu Slap Bs
SH101 Bass
Bassic Needs
XV Ac. Bass
Jazz Bass
MG Bass
LightSynBass
Wood+FlessBs
Acoustic Bs2 Keyboard
Bowed Bellows
Fingered Bs2 Keyboard
Fretless Bs2 Keyboard
Picked Bs2 Keyboard
Rubber Bass Keyboard

BTW, these are included in the factory setup. Add the expansion sets and you can add another 10-15 more. Toss in the ability to change *any* of these sounds as well gives you thousands of other possible variations of sounds. ;)

Going to the 9:11 mark of the video below offers an eample of one of the guitar sounds, as played by Michael Bridge:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl_lGnTrmG8
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com

Keymn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Keymn » Fri May 25, 2018 3:16 pm

I like the Korg guitar sounds in my opinion. Never a fan of Roland sounds...did not buy my FR4x for orchestral sounds, just for the accordion sounds which my clients expect.
Check out this I recorded on my Korg. One of my originals.
https://www.bandlab.com/revisions/61230 ... 155d65202b
Larry Roberts Entertainment
http://www.larryrobertsent.com

Rhelsing
Improver
Improver

Post by Rhelsing » Fri May 25, 2018 3:37 pm

The nice thing about the concerto is you can easily tailor the sound as well as use the sustain pedal when necessary to add realism